Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training
Pregnancy is a transformative time in a woman’s life. So many women come to yoga for the first time when they are pregnant to exercise safely, learn deep breathing and relaxation and connect with their babies. Teaching pregnancy yoga will give you the opportunity to support a woman, and her baby, in this very special time in their lives.
You can share your yoga safely and in doing this you can empower a mum to be and build her confidence in herself and her body.
Pregnancy yoga classes help to alleviate stress, develop mind and body awareness to help her keep herself and her baby safe.
Teach some of the most important life skills so she can celebrate her pregnancy, labour and beyond into motherhood.
- provides a foundation of prenatal yoga on which yoga teachers can develop and teach classes for pregnant yoga students.
- builds on the yoga teacher’s knowledge of yoga for pregnancy so that they can advise pregnant students in their general classes.
- provides yoga teachers with the knowledge, skills and attitude to teach prenatal yoga safely, confidently and professionally.
- produces joyful and competent prenatal yoga teachers.
Length of course (hours) 40 hours (28 – 30 live contact hours + assignments)
The Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy and Birth
- Anatomy of the female pelvis
- Physiology of pregnancy: the three trimesters
- Labour and birth
- Pain management and common medical interventions
Asana for Pregnancy
- What to do and what to avoid
- How to modify the classical poses
- Gentle Flow’ – prenatal yoga practice the power of finding ease.
- Centring, limbering, strengthening, and quietening postures
Course planning and the power of intention
- Lesson plans for pregnancy yoga and Course planning
Integrated Yoga Philosophy teaching
- The eight limbs revisited
- Yamas and niyamas revisited
- Ida and pingala revisited
- The yoga sutras: Effortless effort
- Ethical questions around pregnancy and birth, your personal philosophy
Pranayama – Breathing Techniques for pregnancy and labour
- Breathe awareness
- Calming breaths
- Breathe for labour
- Mantra and mudra
- Yoga Nidra for pregnancy and birth
- Rotation of consciousness, visualisation and Sankalpa
What the students are saying
I count myself lucky to have had Clare Bassett as my trainer on a number of Yoga and Meditation trainings I’ve completed.
Clare is a generous and accomplished teacher, warm, supportive, grounded, inclusive and inspiring. She is passionate about Yoga and Meditation and her deep knowledge and experience shine through in her teaching. Clare teaches with crystal clarity and makes everything really accessible and understandable. Her training style places strong emphasis on making Yoga & Meditation accessible, safe and enjoyable for her trainees and their students.
I’ve trained with many great teachers from around the world and Clare is up there as one of my favourite and most respected. You’ll come awake from her courses with a smile on your face, joy in your heart, and feeling competent and confident in the skills she has taught you. More than that, you’ll come away knowing you’ve made a new friend and trusted mentor.
Thank you Clare
I originally met Clare back when I started my yoga teacher training journey back in 2016. Immediately I recognised the passion and knowledge that Clare possesses and brings to each of the courses she runs.
I jumped at the chance to attend her pregnancy teacher training course in 2018 and loved every minute of it. I really appreciate the way Clare delivers her training. She manages to effortlessly weave wisdom into all parts of the course, breaking it down in such a way that it simply makes sense.
She is calm and calming, wise, strong, funny, compassionate and easy to approach. Her knowledge of yoga and the body is astounding. I hope I have the opportunity to attend one of her courses in the very near future.
Clare is who I was honoured to be taught by and receive my Pregnancy YTT from. A genuinely beautiful lady, who is a specialist in this field! For anyone thinking of doing this, you won’t ever regret it.
I absolutely loved the pregnancy yoga teacher training with Claire! She’s very knowledgeable and taught us a lot about pregnancy, not only from a yogic perspective. Her tone of voice is so soothing, which makes any meditations even more enjoyable. She’s such a beautiful and kind soul and I am very happy we connected 🙏 I can’t recommend her enough to anyone interested in Pre- and postnatal Yoga as well as Meditation and Yoga Nidra. Thanks Claire ❤️
I completed pregnancy yoga teacher training with Clare (virtually) and would highly recommend it. It was very practical with lots of discussion too. She is a great mentor and inspired me to be more confident working with people during their pregnancy.
I really enjoyed it, fantastic course
Judy Watkin, Yago, yoga teacher trainer
Now I feel prepared if a pregnant student comes to my class.
Katie, Barefoot yoga
Candidates must be fully qualified; trainee yoga teachers may be accepted onto the course but will only receive their cert on completion of their level one 200 hour teacher training.
Lead Tutor: Clare Bassett
Guest Tutors: Emma Cahalan from Gentle birth and Michael McCann yogic philosophy teacher.
Price: Early bird: €595 or €650
Minimum participants: 4
Maximum participants: 12
Attendance is important and missed sessions may have to be made up in order to complete the course successfully.
Assessment is continuous and formative, meaning there are practical assignments and teaching practice which will take place throughout the course and be assessed with feedback given directly to the trainees.
Trainee prenatal teachers are encouraged to make arrangements with qualified prenatal yoga teachers to attend or if possible, assist in their class in order to gain valuable extra teaching practice.
As well as providing each student with the necessary skills for teaching yoga for pregnancy, the course gives an excellent opportunity for personal development and growth. Trainees are expected to participate fully in all practices and assignments to the best of their ability.
A Yoga Alliance Professionals accredited Certificate in teaching yoga for pregnancy will be awarded on successful completion of the course.
Friday 23rd September
- 7pm - 9pm
- Introduction to the course
- Welcome, zoom check, what to expect, assignments and assignment, yoga nidra
Saturday 24th September
- 10 - 5:30
- Day one
- At home in the body, centring and limbering for pregnancy, the pelvis, At home in your body. Centring and limbering practices for pregnancy, Pranayama, sample class, teaching practice, the eight limbs of yoga, Q&A
Sunday 25th September
- 10 - 5:15
- Day two
- Stability in flow. Strengthening and relaxation for pregnancy and birth, breath for labour, physiology of labour and birth
Saturday 8th October
- 10 - 5:30
- Day three
- Motherhood. Yoga for the common challenges of pregnancy and birth. Ida and Pingala. Project presentations.
Sunday 9th October
- 10 - 5:15
- Day four
- Effortless effort, course planning, mantras and mudras, teaching assessments and presentations, next steps.
Monday 3rd October
- 11:15 - 12:15
- Check in meeting
- Option A - Open practice - zoom cuppa and Q+A
- 7 - 8
- Check in meeting
- Option B - Open practice - zoom cuppa and Q+A